The Life of a Busy Mom

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Back to Life

This week has been a long one!!! I am sure glad that it is over!!! Monday morning, I woke up with a fever. Now when does an adult get a fever? Saje had one too. My whole body hurt, but I had a leadership training conference to go to, so... I took some medicine and headed out the door. It was a great seminar! It focused on communication with the different personality types. I learned quite abit about my kids and their different communication styles, so hopefully I will be better able to communicate well with them. When that was over I hurried home because my in-laws got the girls from the bus, because I didn't make it home in time. We had FHE and by the time the kids got to bed, I was ready myself.
TueSdaY, again I woke up with a fever, as did Saje, but again I couldn't CrawL back into bED because not only did I have another day of seminars to attend, but I was going to be a speaker at one of them. So...I got Bryr to his friend's house` and Saje and I headed out. It was another good daY. The first hour focused on getting positive male role models involved in childrens' lives. Then (my part) Parents as Leaders - not just in the home, but in the community as well. I don't remember too much about what I said, because I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but I had another mother come up to me and thank me for what I said and she said that it gave her more confidence in being a parent. Good!! That was the goal. Dinner that night was not memorable. I was too tired to do it and don't remember it. Wednesday, Saje and I still had fevers, and I wasn't going to take Bryr to school, so the three of us slept on the couch for the whole morning until about 1:30. I got up and got a little done, but not much because Saje only wanted me to hold him - all day!! Didn't get much done, but didn't feel good enough to do anything anyway. Thursday, I woke up without the aches and pains for the first time all week, so I got up and tried to do something, but Saje still didn't feel too well, so most of the day was spent holding him, so that he didn't scream, and trying to clean up a little from the tornado that went thru my house the first few days of the week. Again we slept in a little. Being sick really wore me out!!!! I don't remember having been so tired in a long time! I took Bryr to school and got a few things done in town. I did get a little done around the house, and that was good. Friday morning, I woke up and neither Saje nor I had fevers, but Todd and Bryr did. Todd went to work, but Bryr didn't go to school. I tried to get stuff done, but again when boys get sick, the whole world seems to stop. I gave my boys the love they needed and got a little but done, so it was an ok day. Todd came home early and Todd and Bryr went in my room and went to bed. After a little while, I put Saje in there too and the boys took a nap together. I finally had some time to get some cleaning done. Shiloah had a friend spend the night, so the boys stayed away and the girls played. It was fun. Saturday was busy! Todd fixed the 2 small motorcycles and took the sump pump (I think that's what it's called) to the track to get all the rain water out. Bryr must have been feeling better because he rode for a little while. Shiloah was happy that she could ride too. I went across the field and visited with Aunt Mary for a while and had a good talk about old/terminally ill people dying. Then I came home and got busy on the house. I went to bed last night one tired woman! I woke up too early this morning with my boys climbing all over me. Todd had awaken early and had gone to the living room to let me sleep, but once the boys woke up there was no more sleep for me. Then the phone rang - before 7am. Who in their right mind would call us on a Sunday morning? Well, it was Todd's Dad calling to let us know that his Grandpa passed away this morni.n4g. S02ee2 the56 help from Saje. He likes to help me on the computer. Anyway, we told the kids and we talked about it over breakfast and they are okay with it. He had be sick with altziemers (I know the spelling is bad) for over 2 years and it was his time to go. It's now after church, and the girls and Todd went over to visit his mom and dad and I am catching up on my blog. Whew!! I feel like I just wrote a novel. Next week is going to be busier with school stuff, mom coming, funeral, and just plain life, so keep tuned for more fun from my life! Just don't laugh too hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home